Privacy Notice for Almshouse Residents
This statement is given in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and it describes how we will use and protect the information you provide to the Hospital of God at Greatham in relation to the provision of your almshouse and associated support services.
- The data controller is the Hospital of God a charitable company.
- The charity does not employ a data protection officer.
- Your data will only be used for the purposes of providing you with housing and associated support.
- The Hospital of God has a legitimate interest in processing your data in order to ensure that its housing and support services are appropriately provided.
- The information we hold about you includes:
- - Name, address and contact details of yourself and verification of your identity
- Name, address and contact details of your licence supporter
- Information about the payment of your maintenance contributions
- Information that you give us about your support needs
- The recipients of your data will be relevant staff within the Hospital of God and staff of other organisations where we believe that the provision of your data is necessary in order to provide a safe and effective service. We will always discuss with you and seek your views on the provision of such information to other organisations.
- We will also share your information as necessary for the good conduct of your alms-house with other organisations such as maintenance and repair contractors.
- There are no transfers of your data outside the United Kingdom
- We will keep your data for as long as you live in our almshouse and retain your support information for 6 months after you cease occupation except that we will retain any information for a longer period than this in accordance with any legal requirements.
- Each person upon whom we hold information has the rights contained in this notice.
- There is no automated decision making in relation to the almshouse service we provide to you.
- Your information may also be visible to professional services employed by the Hospital of God such as our auditors or our information technology support services.
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and to rectify any data. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please write to The Director, The Hospital of God at Greatham, Estate Office, Greatham, Hartlepool, TS25 2HS.
- If you have a complaint about the way we hold your data you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose website is: https://ico.org.uk/ and whose address is: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
- We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time.
The Hospital of God
25th May 2018