Privacy Notice for Casual Workers of The Hospital of God at Greatham
This statement is given in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and it describes how we will use and protect the information you provide to the Hospital of God at Greatham in relation to your casual work with the charity.
- The data controller is the Hospital of God a charitable company.
- The charity does not employ a data protection officer.
- The purpose of holding this information is to ensure that we are able to fulfil your role as a casual worker with the charity.
- The information that we hold about you may include:
- Name, address, date of birth and contact details of the worker and their emergency contact person
- Information derived for the purposes of establishing the right to work
- Information on your contractual arrangements as a casual worker including for example health and annual leave and pension arrangements if applicable
- Information that is termed special category information such as information about health records and cautions and criminal convictions or any other adverse information held by law enforcement agencies about you is dealt with in accordance with the legal requirements for processing special category information
- Information that is required by the Hospital of God in order to fulfil its legal obligations
- Information as required by any regulatory bodies
- The source of the data we hold on you is from yourself and if necessary any referees, occupational health advisers and the Disclosure and Barring Service or any other relevant organisations such as HMRC.
- The users of the data held are appropriate Hospital of God staff, directors and managers.
- Your data may be shared with appropriate agencies and organisations in order to fulfil contractual obligations or legal requirements or defend claims against the charity.
- This data will be held for as long as you are a casual worker with the Hospital of God and thereafter for as long as the charity is required to do so by law.
- Your consent is not required for this information to be held as without this information the charity could not fulfil its casual worker agreement.
- There are no data transfers outside of the United Kingdom.
- No automated processing of your data will take place.
- Your information may also be visible to professional services employed by the Hospital of God such as our auditors or our information technology support services.
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and to rectify any data. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please write to The Director, The Hospital of God at Greatham, Estate Office, Greatham, Hartlepool, TS25 2HS.
- If you have a complaint about the way we hold your date you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose website is: https://ico.org.uk/ and whose address is: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
- We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time.
The Hospital of God
25th May 2018